Alstam’s High Capacity (HC) Low Emission Duct Burner technology has applications that span the entire burner market. Over 50 years of design and application experience, over 500 systems designed – this know-how goes into every project we review and execute for new and retrofit applications for universities, colleges and hospitals for cogeneration and combined cycle projects. Our HC design allow for the following benefits to our customers:
- Less elements with Alstam HC capacity: fewer accessories, lower installation cost, less capital investment and maintenance
- Shorter flame lengths (less than half the length of the competition): eliminates issues with long flame burner designs.
- Better heat distribution entering the HRSG: Best in Class design, eliminates boiler issues such as localized overheating
- Lowest emissions in the market (NOx, CO): Less ammonia and maintenance cost (mitigated ammonia salts deposition)
- Full installation / supply and commissioning: Harmonized system approach ensuring proper TEG / air balance to the burner
We recently completed an important project with the following results:
Major Mid-Western University with a Major USA boiler manufacturer:
- One (1) Alstam HC Low NOx Duct Burner System
- Full Duct Burner Element, Stabilizers and Insert Frame system, Valve Trains, BMS, Scanners.
- Heat input up to 84 mmbtu/hr with over 10-1 turndown.
- NOx Emissions sub 0.08 lbs/mmbtu. CO 10 ppm
If you are interested in the Alstam HC technology, we’d be happy to visit your project needs / existing installation for review and recommendations. The basic information that we would need for our evaluation would be:
- Combustion Turbine flow (pph), temperature (deg F) and flue gas composition: at Max, Min, and ISO conditions
- Existing Boiler / Duct Burner performance data sheets & General Arrangement Drawing
- Inside Duct dimensions: Height and Width (Feet / inches) and distance to the first set of tubes (Feet / inches)
- Emission limits desired (NOx, CO, VOC etc.); fired and unfired
- General projects specifications to meet your specific plant criteria